2015 – 2016
New Invention Junior School received £91,400 in pupil premium funding. We used the money in the following ways:
- To extend the NIJS X Plus School programme to provide pupil premium children with school based activities during the half term breaks and school holidays.
- To develop our summer school to better manage the Y2 – Y3 transition of pupil premium children from New Invention Infant School.
- To set up additional extra curricular sporting activities for pupil premium children.
- To purchase specialist Mathematical resources and staff training (Numicon) to further develop the Mathematical understanding of pupil premium children.
- To employ a mentor to work with specific groups of pupil premium children, overcoming potential barriers to learning.
- To employ a specialist Mathematics advisory teacher to work with teachers to accelerate the progress of pupil premium children.
- To run in school and after school booster sessions for Y6 pupil premium children to accelerate progress in Maths, Reading, Writing and SPAG.
- To employ additional members of staff to provide small group activities and interventions from Y3-Y6.
- Provide staff with high quality marking and feedback training delivered by an external learning consultant.
- To subsidise the cost of overseas residential visits for pupil premium children.
- To fund the NIJS Brilliant Club to raise aspirations of pupil premium children and encourage them to study at highly selective universities.
- Pupil premium children made greater progress on average than non-pupil premium children for Maths, Reading & Writing in Years 3,4 & 6.
- Pupil premium children who attended X-Plus holiday school settled into school well and had a positive transition experience.
- Y6 pupil premium children who attended booster sessions demonstrated accelerated progress compared to non-pupil premium children.
- Increased self-confidence, enjoyment of school, behaviour, resilience and teamwork for pupil premium children who worked with mentor.
- Strong uptake for overseas residential trip from pupil premium children.
For more detailed information about the impact of pupil premium funding on the children who completed their Y6 KS2 assessments this year please click on the following link.