Undefined index: HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE in /home/myedu-dev/public_html/file/ms_shared_plugins/Stats/Event.php:112
2014 – 2015
We received a PE & Sports premium of £9700 for the 2014 – 2015 academic year.
We used this to continue to develop the quality of teaching and learning in PE and to increase participation in high quality sporting events by:
* 80% of year 6 pupils can apply defensive and offensive strategies and understand the rules of football during game play.
* 95% of year 5 pupils took part in break dance battles, where they showcased their own choreographed routines against their peers.
* 75% of year 4 pupils can identify the three different types of passes and also know when to use them in games.
* All of year 3 pupils can use apparatus correctly, safely and confidently during gymnastics. Applying their own creative sequences consisting of balances, jumps, leaps and rolls with fluency, control and correct posture.
* All of the morning sports places are at full capacity running from Monday through Thursday (20 pupils to 1 sports coach)
* The schools holiday sports course has carried on with increased numbers of participants and more interest from parents from New Invention
* A variety of after school clubs have been attended by over 100 Children, ranging in sports like; football, tag rugby, gymnastics, dodge ball, hockey, basketball, multi skills and dance
* The use of the mentoring skills of the coaches has improved class room skills and pupil behaviour for various children at the school
* Through diet and exercise diaries we are working with children to improve their fitness no diet to achieve a fitter and healthier lifestyle
* During dinner time sessions a wealth of sports activities are available for pupils to participate in, improving skills they already have and teaching new skills which can be applied in games
* We have helped children get into exterior sports clubs in various different sports providing them guidance and confidence the skills to go to the clubs and be a vital member of the club, also increasing participation in sports in the local area